Candied pecans and walnuts made a great snack and also a tasty topping for salads, hot oatmeal or yogurt for snacking. Nuts of all kinds are a great source of protein. If you don’t want to use white sugar, substitute it with Stevia or honey.
How to Make Candied Pecans and Walnuts
- 2 cups of walnuts (or pecans, or a mix of both)
- 1 Tablespoon applesauce (you can substitute honey for applesauce)
- 1/3 cup sugar (you can substitute Stevia for sugar)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Mix nuts and applesauce together in a bowl.
3. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a different bowl.
4. Add cinnamon and sugar to nuts and applesauce making sure to coat the nuts well before baking.
5. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet in one layer.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
As the nuts cool they will crackle. They might stick together so to prevent that separate them with a fork while they are cooling.
Ooey Gooey S'Mores Brownies Recipe
Bear's Smokehouse BBQ Is Now Open in New Haven
Frank Pepe's Announces "Genuine Italian Tomatoes"
Kenny Chesney's Blue Chair Bay Rum Summer Drink Recipes
Experience Mecha Noodle Bar in South Norwalk
Stamford's Dinosaur Bar-b-que Launches New Build Your Own BBQ Lunch Menu
1 thought on “How to Make Candied Pecans and Walnuts”
Yum! Can’t wait to try this and I love that it has applesauce as an ingredient!