The Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival, one of the East Coast’s most sophisticated and anticipated events, returns for its 11th year at The Elms, Rosecliff & Marble House from September 22 through 25, 2016. Signature events include the Bordeaux Dinner on Thursday evening, the Wine & Rosecliff Gala on Friday evening, Grand Tastings on Saturday and Sunday, the Vintner Dinner on Saturday evening, Newport After Dark on Saturday evening, Jazz Brunch on Sunday and Seminars in The Breakers Stable and Carriage House throughout the weekend.
For more information and to purchase tickets for the 2016 Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival, visit NewportMansionsWineAndFood.org or call (401) 847-1000.
Special Guests: Jacques and Claudine Pepin
The festivities kick off on Thursday, September 22 with The Bordeaux Dinner at The Elms hosted by Emmanuel Cruse, proprietor of Château d’Issan of Margaux, Conseil du Vin de Bordeaux and Grand Maître of the Commanderie de Bordeaux worldwide. Exquisite wines from four different appellations of Bordeaux will be presented at this dinner to complement the menu created by Executive Chef Frank McClelland of L’Espalier in Boston. Tickets are limited.
Proceeds from the Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival benefit The Preservation Society of Newport County, a non-profit organization accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and dedicated to preserving and interpreting the area’s historic architecture, landscapes and decorative arts. Its 11 historic properties—seven of them National Historic Landmarks—span more than 250 years of American architectural and social development.
The elegant Friday night Wine & Rosecliff Gala will feature exquisite wines, award-winning chefs, live music and dancing in the Rosecliff ballroom.
Chefs for the evening include:
- Chef Matthew MacCartney of Jamestown Fish (Jamestown, RI)
- Chef Jose Enrique of Jose Enrique (Puerto Rico)
- Chef Brian Alberg of Red Lion Inn (Stockbridge, MA)
- Chef David Blessing of Newport Beach House: A Longwood Venue (Newport, RI)
- Chef Thomas Duffy of The Spiced Pear at The Chanler (Newport, RI)
- Chef Terence Feury of Forty 1˚ North (Newport, RI)
- Chef Josue Louis of Bistro du Midi (Boston, MA)
- Chef Lou Rossi of Castle Hill Inn (Newport, RI)
- Chef Dante de Magistris of Dante (Boston, MA)
- Chef Shaun Velez of Deuxave (Boston, MA)
- Chef Will Gilson of Puritan & Co. (Cambridge, MA)
- Chef Robert Sisca of ProvidenceG (Providence, RI)
- Chef Kevin O’Donnell of SRV (Boston, MA)
- Chef Peter Quinion of Parsnip (Cambridge, MA), and Chef Jason Santos of Abby Lane (Boston, MA)
Featured wines include:
- Champagne Taittinger (Champagne, FR)
- Maison Joseph Drouin (Burgundy, FR)
- Château D’Esclans (Provence, FR)
- Elk Cove Vineyards (Oregon)
- Chateau de Beaucastel (Rhone, FR)
- Catena Zapata (Mendoza, Argentina)
- Robert Mondavi Winery (Napa, CA)
- Marchesi di Barolo (Piedmont, IT)
- Champagne Gosset (Champagne, FR)
- Larkin Wines (Napa, CA)
- Wölffer Estate Vineyard (Sagaponack, NY)
- Castello Banfi (Montalcino, IT)
- Domaine Faiveley (Burgundy, FR)
- Graham’s Port (Duoro, PT)
- Hall Wines (Napa, CA)
- Joseph Phelps Vineyards (Napa, CA)
- Kumeu River (Kumeu, NZ)
- Opus One / Overture (Napa, CA)
- S.A. Prum (Mosel, Germany)
Once again, the Marble House lawn will be the setting for the two-day Grand Tastings, which offer guests an afternoon of entertainment, as well as the opportunity to sample hundreds of wines from around the world and cuisine from local, regional and national restaurants and purveyors. This lively event includes the Nobilo Oyster Seaside Bar, Pop Up Tastings in the Chinese Tea House, and non-stop chef entertainment in the Rosé Grill Garden presented by Château D’Esclans and Lynx Grills.
For more information and to purchase tickets for the 2016 Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival, visit www.NewportMansionsWineAndFood.org, or call (401) 847-1000.