Are you looking for a drink that is refreshing and healthy. A smoothie also doubles as a snack and if it’s close to St. Patrick’s Day it’s the perfect, healthy alternative to a green beer. It you want it sweeter, just add more honey. We always make sure to use local honey to get the best nutrients and to support our local farmers.
Recipe Adapted from the original recipe found at joythebaker.com
- 1 heaping cup spinach
- 1 heaping cup kale
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 pear, chopped with skins on
- 1 frozen banana (frozen helps to keep it from getting mushy)
- 1-1/2 cups cold almond milk (or soy milk or orange juice)
- 1 tablespoon honey
Instagram Fans, Tarnyn and Lauren suggested that you peel and cut up the banana before you freeze it to make it easier to work with when you are ready to make your Smoothie. Great suggestion!
1. Remove kale leaves from the stalk and chop into smaller, 1″ pieces. The size doesn’t matter so much as you make them smaller to fit into the blender.
2. In the blender, add kale, spinach and almond milk. Blend well for about 1 minute.
3. Stop blender and add bananas, pears, and honey. Blend until smooth.