Who needs Crossfit when you have the Fiskar StaySharp Reel Push Mower. You get a workout and your grass gets cut. Why would someone buy a push mower when gas and electric powered lawn mowers are so affordable. Maybe you have a small yard. Maybe you want a workout. I can remember my mother cutting the grass in our front yard with a push mower when I was growing up. She felt that it gave a better cut because she could control it and it also gave her some exercise.
Disclosure: This was our own personal purchase.
The Fiskar Push Mower work great and it easy to assemble in minutes.
Facts from Fiskar:
- 60% easier to push than other reel mowers, patent-pending InertiaDrive
- Reel delivers twice as much cutting power to blast through tough spots that would jam other reel mowers
- Exclusive StaySharp Cutting System cuts grass without blades touching for long-lasting performance without costly annual blade sharpening
- Inset wheel design offers closer side edging, and a unique grass discharge chute throws clippings forward cleanly, away from your feet
- Cuts all grass types, even tough southern varieties like St. Augustine, Zoysia, Bahia and Bermuda
Take a look at what comes in the box. The mowing unit is pre-assembled. All you have to do is attach the handles to it. You will need pliers to tighten the bolts but that’s all of the tools you will need. The parts are heavy-duty so it does feel like a solid mower. The blades were definitely sharp.
The Fiskar StaySharp Reel Push Mower has a lever that you can use to adjust the height level. If you find that the grass isn’t getting cut, you can lower it. Just be warned, that the lower you make it, the harder you will have to push because it is getting down into the thickness of the grass.
Watch our quick video to see the Fiskar Push Mower in action. It doesn’t look like it cut the dandelion at the beginning of the video but after I turned off the camera I went back and checked and yes, it did cut it down.
[iframe: width=”580″ height=”326″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/1cscaY_61no?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
If the grass is particularly high you may have to go over it twice to get it all cut down short.
It maneuvers easily around and close to edgings and objects like walkway lights.
In Conclusion: We like the Fiskar StaySharp Reel Push Mower. It was easy to assemble, cuts the grass well, and gives a workout in the process.