- This event has passed.
Women Take Flight Event at the New England Air Museum
March 9, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Women Take Flight Event at the New England Air Museum will be held on March 9th from 10 to 4 pm. This event is held in commemoration of Women’s History Month and in conjunction with Women of Aviation Worldwide Week. Visitors of all ages are invited to celebrate women’s contributions to aerospace history through a variety of hands-on activities, special events, and lectures.
Women Take Flight will also feature hands-on STEM activities for children, flight simulators, and climb-aboard experiences in historic aircraft, including a Lockheed 10-A Electra- the same model aircraft that Amelia Earhart flew during her attempted around the world flight in 1937.
Women Take Flight offers visitors the opportunity to meet women pilots, engineers, and industry professionals from:
- The 103rd Airlift Wing of the Connecticut Air National Guard
- The 439th Airlift Wing at Westover Air Reserve Base
- Bombardier Hartford Service Center
- Collins Aerospace Systems
- Kaman Corporation
- Milestone C
- New England Section of the 99s
- Pratt and Whitney
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Society of Women Engineers Hartford Section
- TAC Air Bradley International Airport
- University of Connecticut Storrs’ Mechanical Engineering Department
- The Wright Sister Engineering Club
- Women in Aviation Connecticut Chapter
- The Connecticut Women’s Transportation Seminar