- This event has passed.
Walk in a Winter Wonderland at Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo
November 28, 2020 - January 6, 2021
Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo will transform into a Winter Wonderland from November 28, 2020 through January 6, 2021, offering guests yet another opportunity to enjoy the beauty of nature in a safe, outdoor setting. The Winter Wonderland Walk includes ten festive vignettes, from Fairy House Lane and a very special train display, Imagination Station, to custom artist and children-designed snowmen, a Hanukkah Plaza, and Kris Kringle Corner.
The Winter Wonderland Walk will be open seven days a week from 9-4, beginning the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Admission is $15 for adults, and $10 for children 3-11 and seniors over 62. Children under three are free.
Santa Claus will visit Kris Kringle Corner on Sundays from 1:00-4:00 p.m., appearing in a socially-distanced sleigh where children can wave and say hello. A North Pole Postbox will be there for letters to Santa. Dates for Santa appearances are Nov. 29, Dec. 6, 13 and 20.
The ten seasonal vignettes to be explored are:
- Polar Palace: Sensory Garden Gazebo
- Fairy House Lane and Imagination Station: South side of Victorian Greenhouse
- Poinsettia Pass: North side of Victorian Greenhouse
- Winter Village Square: Greenhouse lawn
- Snowman Park: near the W.O.L.F. Cabin
- Nutcracker Place:Peacock Pavilion at the picnic grove
- Dreidel Drive: at Frog Plaza in front of the Rainforest Building
- Gingerbread Boulevard: at the fountain
- Kris Kringle Corner:at the Education Amphitheater
- Evergreen Lane:in the Farmyard
Zoo admission is $15 for adults, and $10 for children 3-11 and seniors over 62. Children under three are free.
The Zoo is committed to maintaining a safe space for families, so Covid-19 rules remain in effect. Masks are to be worn by all guests, except for those ages two and under. Social distancing must be observed, with six-foot distancing between family groups. Tickets can be purchased online at beardsleyzoo.org.