- This event has passed.
New England Science & Sailing Foundation Fishing Tourney
April 23, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The New England Science & Sailing Foundation Fishing Tourney will be held on Saturday, August 10th from 8 am to 12 noon
Calling all anglers! NESS is hosting its second annual youth and family fishing tournament on Saturday, August 10, 2019.
This is a catch and release tournament with the exception of Porgies. Each participant is allowed to bring 1 Porgy back to NESS for an official measurement. All other fish will be measured on the water photographed for proof, and released!
– 2 age divisions: under 12, 12-18.
– Separate kayak and boat divisions
– “Porgzilla” grand prize for biggest all around porgy
– Catch and release tournament with the exception of Porgies.
– Big porgy weigh in at the dock or inside for inclement weather.
– Participants may weigh 1 porgy each.
– Anglers must handle rod from bait in the water to landing of fish.
8:00 am registration
8:45 am all anglers meeting
9:00 am – 11:00 am fishing
11:10 weigh in and judging
All participants over the age of 16 must have a valid salt water fishing license from Connecticut or a reciprocal state. Participants under the age of 16 must have a youth fishing passport free from the state of Connecticut DEEP. Please visit the CT DEEP website for more information on licenses and youth fishing passport.