Events Search and Views Navigation
- This event has passed.
Connecticut Flower & Garden Show
February 24 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
One event on February 23, 2018 at 10:30am
One event on February 24, 2018 at 10:00am
One event on February 25, 2018 at 10:00am
The Connecticut Flower & Garden Show is one of the largest and most prestigious flower shows in all of New England! Get a glimpse of Spring even before the weather warms up at the annual “Connecticut Flower & Garden Show” on Thursday, February 22 through Sunday, February 25, 2018 at the Connecticut Convention Center on 100 Columbus Blvd. in Hartford.
Connecticut Flower & Garden Show Hours:
Thursday, Feb. 22 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 23 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 24 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission: $18 Adults; $16 Seniors age 62 and over on Thursday/Friday only; $5 Children 5-12; Free under age 5. Admission payment by Cash Only. Group rates for 15 or more people: contact 860-844-8461 or Kristie@northeastexpos.com.
Advance Connecticut Flower & Garden Show tickets $2.00 discount and can be purchased no later than February 16, 2018 at the following Connecticut locations: The Garden Barn Nursery in Vernon; Garden Specialties in Mystic; Moscarillo’s Garden Shoppe in West Hartford; Natureworks in Northford; Stonehedge Landscaping & Garden Center in Newington; and Woodland Gardens in Manchester.
The colorful, fragrant show covers almost three acres with the 2018 theme, “Breath of Spring”, with creative and practical ideas for house, apartment and condo dwellers alike.
Over an acre of different gardens in full bloom, created by professional landscape designers and nonprofit organizations. Includes naturalistic, low maintenance, native, organic, herb and pollinator gardens. Featured in this area will be “Butterfly Encounter”, an interactive walk-through exhibit of live butterflies in all cycles of development. Fresh green sod for the landscapes is growing in a North Canton, Conn. greenhouse, personally tended by the show’s producer Kristie Gonsalves, president of North East Expos.
Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut’s 2018 Advanced Standard Flower Show: over 12,000 square feet of a design, horticulture, botanical arts and photography competition with more than 250 judged entries, all themed “Breath of Spring”.
Over 300 booths of displays, activities and shopping: artisans and handcrafted gifts, fresh flowers, plants, garden ornaments, metalwork sculptures, herbs, bulbs, seeds, fertilizers, soils, gardening books, patio furniture and lawn and garden tools and equipment. Bring a 1/2 cup of soil to the UConn Co-op booth for free soil testing.
More than 80 hours of seminars by horticulturists and experts are included in general admission including:
- Craig LeHoullier, author of Epic Tomatoes and Growing Vegetables in Straw Bales, Garden Writers Association Gold Award winner 2016;
- Stephanie Cohen a/k/a The Perennial Diva, gardening designer, author and lecturer;
- Doug Tallamy, author, professor and chair of the Department of Entomology and Wildlife Ecology at University of Delaware, who focuses on understanding the many ways insects interact with plants and how such interactions determine the diversity of animal communities;
- Nancy DuBrule-Clemente, author, horticulturist & owner of Natureworks Horticultural Services, an organic garden center, landscape design, consultation, installation and maintenance service in Northford, Conn.;
- Len Giddix, a garden guri, former mushroom grower and the radio co-host of the weekly Garden Talk show;
- Tovah Martin, Horticulturalist, author, freelance writer, photo stylist and lecturer; and
- Charlie Nardozzi, gardening author, public speaker, radio & TV show host and garden coach.
If you are looking for “things to do in Connecticut” we have you covered. Are you bored tonight and don't know what to do or where to go? Kids and Family events abound in every town in Connecticut. Interested in a friendly game of cards, a bike ride, or a hiking event? How about a 4K run, a Halloween party, or Christmas event. Connecticut is filled with lots to do. You just need to know where to find something fun to do in Connecticut. Look through our events calendar or type a keyword in the box to find a type of event. Click on the events categories in the menu to find even more fun events and you will never be bored in Connecticut.