Events Search and Views Navigation
- This event has passed.
2019 Annual Connecticut Flower & Garden Show Information
February 21 - February 24
Get ready for Spring 2019 at the 38th annual “Connecticut Flower & Garden Show” from Thursday, February 21 through Sunday, February 24, 2019 at the Connecticut Convention Center on 100 Columbus Blvd. in Hartford. One of the largest and most prestigious flower shows in all of New England
Date and Times:
Thursday, February 21 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, February 22 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, February 23 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday, February 24 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The colorful, fragrant show covers almost three acres with the 2019 theme, “The Charm of Spring”, with creative and practical ideas for house, apartment and condo dwellers alike.
Connecticut Flower & Garden Show Highlights include:
Over an acre of gardens in full bloom, created by professional landscape designers and nonprofit organizations, and include naturalistic, low maintenance, native, organic, herb and pollinator gardens.
The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut’s 2019 Advanced Standard Flower Show: more than 12,000-square feet of a design, horticulture and photography competition with more than 250 judged entries, all with an “April in Paris” theme.
Over 300 booths of displays, activities and shopping: artisans and handcrafted gifts, fresh flowers, plants, garden ornaments, metalwork sculptures, herbs, bulbs, seeds, fertilizers, soils, gardening books, patio furniture and lawn and garden tools and equipment. Bring a 1/2 cup of soil to the UConn Co-op booth for free soil testing.
More than 80 hours of educational seminars and demonstrations by over 20 horticulturists and landscapers are free with general admission. Experts include: America’s Top Lifestyle Expert Mar Jennings, Emmy-nominated and Telly Award-winning TV host and best-selling author; Roger Swain, TV’s The Man in the Red Suspenders, former host of PBS’ The Victory Garden and HGTV’s People, Places & Plants” (Friday & Saturday only); Mike McGrath, host of the nationally syndicated Public Radio show “You Bet Your Garden”; Nancy DuBrule-Clemente, author, horticulturist & owner of Natureworks Horticultural Services, an organic garden center, landscape design, consultation, installation & maintenance service in Northford, Connecticut; and Patrick Comins, The Connecticut Audubon Society’s Executive Director.
- Bring Casual Luxury Home – Mar Jennings (all four days)
- Vegetables for Tough Times – Roger Swain (Friday & Saturday only)
- Grow Your Best Tomatoes Ever and The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: Getting Toads, Birds & Bugs to Eat Your Garden Thugs – Mike McGrath (Thursday & Friday only)
- Herb Liberation and Eco-Friendly Garden Coach-Problem Solving Brainstorm – Karen Bussolini
- Houseplants-from Urban Jungle to Winter Oasis and Nancy’s Favorite Plants and Why-An Eclectic Collection – Nancy DuBrule-Clemente
- Floral Arranging – Bob Buettner
- Improving Your Backyard Habitat for Birds & Other Wildlife – Patrick Comins
- When Good Worms Go Bad and Garden Ornaments – Dawn Pettinelli
- Water Garden Basics – Rob Townsend
- Backyard Chicken Gardening – Amanda Morris
- Organic Lawns – Steve Walowski
- 5 Easiest Seeds to Save and 5 Keys to Prevent Tomato Disease and 10 Keys to Container Gardening – Petra Page-Mann
- Monarch Mania – Diane St. John
- Healthy Gardens – Carol Quish
- Spring Pops – Larry Huzzi
- Garden Thugs I Love and Reinventing Group Covers – Renee Marsh
- Benefits of BioChar Soil – Pat White
- Beauty & the Bees: A Different Way of Looking at Garden Design and Power Couples: Perennial Pairings for Jaw-Dropping Gardens & Containers – Deborah Tricket
- Gardening to Support Native Pollinators & Butterflies – Pamm Cooper
- Using Tropical Plants in the Connecticut Landscape & My Garden – George Trecina
- Creative Floral Design from Field to Forest – Trish Manfredi
- $18 Adults
- $16 Seniors Age 62 and Over on Thursday/Friday only
- $5 Children 5-12
- Free under age 5
- Admission payment by Cash Only
Group rates for 15 or more people: contact 860-844-8461 or Kristie@northeastexpos.com.
Advance tickets are discounted by $2 and can be purchased no later than February 18, 2019 at the following Connecticut locations: The Garden Barn Nursery & Landscape in Vernon; Moscarrillo’s Garden Shoppe in West Hartford; Natureworks in Northford; and Woodland Gardens in Manchester.
Daily parking at the Connecticut Convention Center Garage: $9.00 all day; or $3.00 first hour and $2.00 per additional hour.
Thursday & Friday ONLY: Free parking & free shuttle at the Pequot Street lot at 18 Pequot Street, just north of I-84.
Saturday & Sunday ONLY: $5.00 all day parking at Front Street North and South Garages, across the street from the Connecticut Convention Center.
If you are looking for “things to do in Connecticut this weekend” we have you covered. Sign to get our Free Weekly Event Newsletter to help you plan your weekend. Kids and Family events abound in every town in Connecticut. Interested in a friendly game of cards, a bike ride, or a hiking event? How about a 4K run, a Halloween party, or Christmas event. Connecticut is filled with lots to do. You just need to know where to find something fun to do in Connecticut. Look through our events calendar or type a keyword in the box to find a type of event. Click on the events categories in the menu to find even more fun events and you will never be bored in Connecticut.