Introducing magical Treasure Hunts Tours , fun themed parties for kids and adults culminating in great food across Connecticut. Their mission is to gets kids off screens and let adults be kids. These hyper-local hunts are not just about answering questions, teams find hidden objects, meet special characters, and discover landmarks in their towns they didn’t know existed! Teams need to problem solve and be creative with pictures and video. Businesses are prepared for excitable groups.
Owners Rachel Lampen and Kristen Mitrakis provide a complimentary consultation to understand your needs, personalize it and make it FUN. Each tour can be themed to suit your occasion – birthdays, Anniversary’s, Bar Mitzvahs, bachelorette parties or corporate. They can be walking or driven (like a rally).
Co-Founder Rachel Lampen says: “For a 13th birthday party, there were 20 teen boys in total! We split them up into groups of four and gave them strict instructions to meet us at the destination restaurant. To make things more exciting, we added on a penalty where they lost a lot of points for every minute they were late! It was so refreshing to see them off their screens, and working together. They were hungry and happy. They felt empowered and independent, having been entrusted to get to the restaurant without adults!”
Each tour is bespoke and private, the team asks for a minimum of four weeks-notice to perfect these. Co-Founder Kristen Mitrakis says: “We want each hunt to be captivating and memorable. Our team will brief the group beforehand – hunts normally last one hour thirty and end up at a suitable rendezvous venue we have sourced. We will be present at the destination venue to add up scores and announce the winning team or teams. For younger children, parents are welcome to chaperone – we can also plan a hunt in the local park or the privacy of your garden.”
Children’s Treasure Hunts start at $45 per child (minimum groups ten) Adults Treasure Hunts starts at $55 per adult (minimum groups ten) In addition, Treasure Hunt Tours Concierge Service can provide the following:
- Invitations – we can design these to compliment the style of party
- A celebratory meal – from pizza, burgers and cake for kids to a food truck or canapés and a 3-course dinner with wine for adults
- We work with a local Trivia company who can put together a quiz
- Unique Goody Bag Gift – we work with a local business who customize lounge wear, totes, pillow cases etc. From zip codes to Birthday Girl Katie to Charlie’s Slumber Party 2018
- We can book local bands or a DJ to provide music for your party
- Flowers, table decorations
- Selfie station