How about this spooky Pumpkin Pie Martini, just in time for Halloween. Top with a Wilton Candy skewer and you’re all set for the party.
Drink recipe from Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 1 tbsp canned pumpkin pie mix (not just canned pumpkin)
- .5 oz spiced syrup (see recipe below)
Shake all ingredients and double strain everything a martini glass. Use a 3″ fine mesh strainer. The mixture will strain slowly, so use a spoon to agitate the mixture in the strainer to speed up the process.
Spiced Syrup recipe:
In a 2 quart saucepan, add:
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3-inch size)
- 8 small slices of fresh ginger (skin on is fine)
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean (split open)
- 30 whole allspice berries
- 20-25 whole cloves (stems on)
- 6 whole star anise pods
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2.75 cups of water
Simmer all ingredients on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let steep for another 2 to 3 hours. Add a little water if the mixture is too viscous (resembling thickness of honey). Strain into a glass container and store in the refrigerator until needed.
Garnish: add a spooky stare to Halloween drinks with these fun, jelly candy eyeball drink skewers from Wilton Candy. Just position a skewer across the glass and serve.