Summer is a great time to go camping and sit around the campfire making S’Mores. What about a variation on this fun dessert? How about S’Mores Brownies. Originally posted on Williams Sonoma here is our adapted version of the popular recipe. The kids will go wild over these. Let them help and it will give them something to do for the afternoon.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 graham crackers, crushed into chunks
- 12 large marshmallows
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
2. Butter a 9 x 13 baking pan.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently.
4. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugars and then one egg at a time. Beat well after each addition.
5. Whisk in the vanilla and salt.
6. Stir the flour and cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture, until just blended. Stir in the graham cracker chunks.
7. Pour mixture into the baking pan, spreading evenly. Top with marshmallows in one even layer.
8. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cetner comes out clean.
8. Let cool on a wire rack.