The holidays are a time for making merry and indulging in special treats and what’s better than ooey, gooey, chewy fudge? Ooey, gooey, chewy fudge made with beer! Made with a sweet malty winter beer like Holiday Ale from Two Roads Brewing Co in Stratford, Connecticut, ordinary fudge becomes something super special. It is sweet and delicious with just a hint of beer flavor.
This is the perfect sweet indulgence for the beer enthusiast.
Gooey Beer Fudge Recipe
- 12 Ounces Winter Warmer Or Holiday Ale
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 14-Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1. Pour beer and 2 tablespoons of the butter into a large sauce. Stir constantly over medium high heat for about 30 minutes until it becomes syrupy. Lower heat a bit if mixture begins to bubble up.
2. When the beer is the consistency of syrup stir in the condensed milk, honey, vanilla and remaining butter. Continue to stir.
3. Once the butter has melted and the ingredients are well combined, mix in the brown sugar and chocolate chips. Stir constantly as the chocolate melts.
4. Continue to stir for about 15 minutes. Do not allow the fudge to come to a boil; decrease heat, as necessary.
5. Test for doneness by drizzling a little fudge in a cup of ice water. If it forms a soft, pliable ball, then it’s done.
6. You can spread the fudge into a small greased casserole dish or do what I did and spoon one tablespoon of fudge into mini muffin wrappers.
7. Sprinkle with the nuts, if desired.
8. Cover and allow to come to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator to finish setting; allow to sit 4 hours or overnight before diving in.