Events Search and Views Navigation
- This event has passed.
New Haven Restaurant Week Returns November 5-10
November 5, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - November 10, 2017 @ 9:00 pm
Although the weather is cooling down, dining destinations around the city of New Haven (infonewhaven.com) are heating up as NEW HAVEN RESTAURANT WEEK, presented by Citizens Bank, returns Sunday, November 5 through Friday, November 10.
According to Market New Haven, the event’s organizer, 33 eateries across the city will offer a two-course, prix-fixe lunch menu ($17 per person) and a three-course, prix fixe dinner menu ($34 per person). This year, NEW HAVEN RESTAURANT WEEK will again partner with the Connecticut Food Bank. For every $1 donation at a participating location, the Connecticut Food Bank can provide two meals to those in need.
“NEW HAVEN RESTAURANT WEEK is an exciting time for locals and visitors, because it showcases the city’s diverse and rapidly expanding culinary scene,” said Anne Worcester, chief marketing officer, Market New Haven. “Further, we are very proud to demonstrate our commitment to helping those in need through our partnerships with Citizens Bank and the Connecticut Food Bank.”
Citizens Bank is a longtime presenting sponsor of NEW HAVEN RESTAURANT WEEK. In 2009, Citizens Bank spearheaded the addition of a charitable component to the event as a means for diners to support the community.
“This partnership is a perfect example of how great things can happen when businesses, individuals and communities work together,” said Lisa Maass, President, Citizens Bank, Connecticut. “Citizens is proud to partner with Market New Haven and local area restaurants to present New Haven Restaurant Week in support of The Connecticut Food Bank.”
Last year alone, donations raised through NEW HAVEN RESTAURANT WEEK enabled the Connecticut Food Bank to serve 10,000 meals to those in need in the city and around the state. “Donations from Restaurant Week diners last year made such a difference in the lives of people who are struggling with hunger,” said Connecticut Food Bank CEO Bernie Beaudreau. “We are hopeful that participants this year will be inspired to be even more generous. Unfortunately, the need remains high.”
As an added incentive to Restaurant Week patrons, Park New Haven will offer a discounted rate of $4 (4pm – 12am) at the Temple Street and Crown Street Garages. The Shops at Yale are also offering $4 parking at the 255 Crown Street Lot (behind Pacifico) and 161 York Street Lot (behind Harvest Wine Bar & Restaurant).
The full list of participating restaurants:
- 116 Crown (Mediterranean)
- Adriana’s Restaurant & Wine Bar (Italian)
- Atelier Florian (New America/Belgian Flair)
- Au Chalet (Swiss Inspired)
- Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant (Spanish Tapas)
- Basta Trattoria (Organic Italian)
- Brother Jimmy’s (American, Southern Fare)
- Caffe Bravo (Italian)
- Caseus Fromagerie Bistro (Sustainable Cheese-Centric Bistro)
- Cask Republic (Upscale American Fare)
- Christopher Martin’s Restaurant (American Bistro)
- Elm City Social (Traditional American)
- Fornarelli’s Ristorante (Italian)
- Goodfellas Restaurant (Italian)
- Harvest Wine Bar & Restaurant (Modern American)
- Heirloom (Coastal Farm Cooking)
- John Davenport’s Restaurant (Contemporary Coastal New England)
- L’Orcio (Contemporary Italian)
- Lenny and Joe’s Fish Tale (Seafood)
- Mecha (Noodle Bar)
- Miya’s Sushi (Sustainable Sushi)
- New Haven’s Taste of China (Szechuan Cuisine)
- Olea (Spanish, Mediterranean)
- Olives and Oil (Italian)
- Pacifico (Nuevo Latino Cuisine)
- Prime 16 (Modern American)
- ROIA Restaurant and Café (French and Italian)
- Shell & Bones Oyster Bar and Grill (Seafood, Steak & Raw Bar)
- Soul de Cuba Café (Cuban Soul Food)
- Tarry Lodge (Italian)
- Temple Grill (American Grill)
- Tre Scalini Ristorante (Italian)
- Union League Café (Contemporary French)
- ZINC (Modern American)
For more details on NEW HAVEN RESTAURANT WEEK visit:infonewhaven.com and follow along on social media at #NHVEATS
If you are looking for “things to do in Connecticut this weekend” we have you covered. Sign to get our Free Weekly Event Newsletter to help you plan your weekend. Kids and Family events abound in every town in Connecticut. Interested in a friendly game of cards, a bike ride, or a hiking event? How about a 4K run, a Halloween party, or Christmas event. Connecticut is filled with lots to do. You just need to know where to find something fun to do in Connecticut. Look through our events calendar or type a keyword in the box to find a type of event. Click on the events categories in the menu to find even more fun events and you will never be bored in Connecticut.