Kids are hungry when they come home from school but you don’t want to spoil their dinner or spend too much time making them. This is a quick and easy snack that only requires a few ingredients.
- 1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
- spaghetti sauce (optional)
- sliced cheese
- sliced pepperoni or salami
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Remove crescent roll dough from the container and separate two crescent sections to create a rectangle of dough. Basically, you are taking two of the triangle dough pieces and putting them together to make one rectangle piece.
3. Roll the rectangle dough out on the counter to flatten it a bit. You could also use your fingers to press the two triangle pieces together and also flatten it out by hand.
4. Spread spaghetti sauce over the rectangle dough piece. This is optional.
5. Place a layer of sliced cheese of your choice on top of the sauce. Next, place a layer of pepperoni or salami slices on top of the cheese. You can use most any kind of cheese or meat to make these.
6. Roll the dough tightly, making sure to keep the cheese and meat pressed inside, along the long side into a tube ending with the seam side down.
6. Cut into 1″ pieces. Place the pieces onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a 350° oven.