What party would be complete with dips and sauced to dunk chicken wings, veggies, and chips into. Try these easy dip recipes the next time you host a party.
Bean Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can refried beans or refried black beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream plus 1/4 cup for decoration
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Sliced olives
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- Tortilla chips (for dipping)
Using a Chinet® platter or Chinet Bakeware®, small or large oval pan, place crushed tortilla chips on the bottom of the platter. Layer shredded lettuce, chopped onion, drained tomatoes and guacamole. In a small mixing bowl, mix the refried beans, taco seasoning and the sour cream together. Spread on top of the guacamole with a spatula. Sprinkle cheese around the sides of the Chinet® platter/pan. Slice olives and chopped green onions and place on top of cheese. Place 1/4 cup sour cream in small plastic bag. Cut a slit in the corner of the bag to create a piping bag and use to make the lines of the football. Cut the red bell pepper into small strips and lay across the center line of sour cream to make the “stitches” of the football.
Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat, free of shells
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced, optional
- 5 to 6 roasted garlic cloves or 2 cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot with crackers or toast points.
Why not serve your dip in a fun bowl or tray
Try one of these football serving bowls or dishes. Available on Amazon.com
Blue Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese
Place the milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and continue whisking until thickened.
Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. If the sauce is too thick, thin it with a little extra milk. Serve sauce warm with potato chips for dipping.
Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons mirin (sweeting cooking rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
Combine fish sauce, vinegar, lime juice, mirin and Sriracha sauce. Just before serving, stir in cilantro. Divide sauce among 4 small bowls for dipping and serve with the Wonton-Wrapped Shrimp.