I just love Twix Bars and now we can make them at home with these easy 4-ingredients instructions. These chocolate bars are so easy, the kids can help. The ingredients are simple and the key to getting them just right is finding the perfect caramel consistency. You want it soft but not runny because you want it to stay on top of the graham cracker bar.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Recipe and photo by Stephanie at Backforseconds.com
- 6 sheets Graham crackers
- 40 caramels
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 12 oz chocolate (chocolate chips, almond bark, or any of your favorite chocolate)
- Melt the caramels with 3 tablespoons milk in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute.
- Stir and continue to heat for 30 seconds at a time until smooth. If it seems too thick, add the extra 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Break the graham crackers in half, lengthwise.
- Spread a thick layer of caramel on each cracker and let it set up.
- Melt the chocolate until creamy. You can melt in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dunk each bar into the melted chocolate, making sure to cover the whole thing.
- Let excess chocolate drip off and let the bars set up on a sheet of wax paper.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature.
TIP: Try microwaving the bars for a few seconds for a gooey treat!