Chili’s Skillet Quesos are an “appetizing cheese dip with seasoned beef and served with warm tostada chips.” Now you can make Chili’s Skillet Quesos at home with this copycat recipe. Based on the ingredients, these quesos might not be good for you but they will definitely taste great.
Chili’s Skillet Quesos Copycat Recipe
- 1 pound of Kraft Velveeta Cheese
- 1 can Hormel No-Bean Chili
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 bag Tostado chips
1. Heat the Velveeta cheese in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
2. After the cheese is melted stir in chili powder. Then stir in Hormel no-bean chili and heat through, stirring occasionally.
3. Serve with tosada chips that have been lighted heated.
How to Heat Tosada Chips: add a layer of chips to a large baking dish and bake for 3 minutes in a 250 degree F oven.
If you don’t like Velveeta cheese and think it is too processed, try making your own cheese sauce.
Velveeta Cheese Alternative Recipe
- 1 cup of Cheddar cheese, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
Heat cream over medium heat, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick. Add cheese to hot cream. and stir until the cheese is melted.