February 22nd is National Frozen Margarita Day. It’s a great time to have a tasty frozen margarita – or two
The margarita is a cocktail consisting of tequila, triple sec (such as Cointreau) and lime or lemon juice, often served with salt on the glass’ rim.
Here’s one of our favorite Margarita recipes to try at home. This recipe makes 4 frozen Margaritas
Photo Credit Tree Lime Cove
- 8 teaspoons of coarse salt
- 4 lime wedges
- 12 oz white tequila
- 4 oz Triple Sec
- 8 oz lime juice
- 4 cups crushed ice
1. Place salt in a shallow bowl or luncheon plate.
2. Rub the rim of a Margarita glass with lime wedge and dip the edge of the glass into salt to coat rim.
3. Pour tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, and crushed ice into a blender.
4. Blend well at high speed
5. Pour your tasty concoction into a Margarita glass, add a lime wedge to the rim and enjoy!