The 18th annual Northeast Fishing & Hunting Show will take place on Friday, February 13 through Sunday, February 15, 2015 at the Connecticut Convention Center at 100 Columbus Blvd. in Hartford, Conn.
Fishing & Hunting Show Hours:
- Friday, February 13 from 12 noon to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 14 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, February 15 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more show information, visit www.fishinghuntingshow.com or call 860-844-8461.
Tickets and Prices:
Tickets are available at the door. All tickets include free admission to the seminars.
Children $4.00 (ages 5-12)
Under 5: FREE
CASH ONLY is accepted at the box office.
The Northeast Fishing & Hunting Show will feature hundreds of booths showcasing the latest products for fishing and hunting enthusiasts and is designed as a great outing for the entire family. More than 50 hours of seminars by national and regional expert fishermen and hunters, demonstrations at a casting pond and fly-tying center, and hands-on activities will be included with admission.
“Attendees will discover the newest fishing, hunting and outdoor equipment by some of the nation’s top manufacturers and can purchase a variety of products,” explains show organizer Kristie Gonsalves, President of North East Expos. “They can meet charter boat captains, check out the largest number of fishing boats in the history of this show, watch fly casting and fly tying demonstrations, and enjoy lots of interactive activities.
This year, we welcome back the popular ‘Elements of Nature’ show featuring a wide array of artists and unique pieces in wood, antler, stone, clay, bronze, photography and taxidermy,” adds Gonsalves.
New activities and displays this year include an interactive Black Hawk II virtual fishing fighting chair, daily hunting and pointing dog demonstrations from Dusty W German Shorthaired Pointers of Palmerton, PA, daily live Eagle Owl & Harris’s Hawk flight shows at Talons! Birds of Prey, the World’s Outstanding Whitetail (WOW) Display, and a National Wildlife Turkey Federation display.
Popular returning favorites are a popular Catch & Release Trout Pond – catch a live, tagged fish and win a child’s rod and reel, a Fly-Tying Center featuring experts demonstrating their work, NRA Laser Shooting Range, Sportsmen’s Outpost’s archery range, Kids’ Bass Casting Competition sponsored by the Connecticut Bass Federation, and the “Elements of Nature” show that includes wood carving, wood turning and paint demonstrations.
Featured seminar presenters will include: Greg Myerson of Wallingford, CT who is the World Record Holder for largest Striped Bass with his winning 81.88 lbs catch; Del DelMastro, archery tackle and urban deer hunter, and hunting experts Peter & Kate Fiduccia. Seminars include:
- Greg Myerson of Wallingford, CT: Targeting Trophy Striper Bass
- Del DelMastro of Oxford, CT: Urban Deer Hunting and Effective Use of Camouflage Clothing and Archery Equipment Combined with Tree Stand Safety
- Peter Fiduccia of South New Berlin, NY: Surefire Tactics to Bag Your Buck This Season and Plant it Right and They Will Come (Food plot planting)
- Kate Fiduccia of South New Berlin, NY: Wild Game Cooking Demonstration
- Roy Leyva a/k/a “The Fish Whisperer”: Shark Fishing from the Beaches – Cape Cod Canal
- Ralph Craft of Portsmouth, RI: Your Fishing Pole & You and Introduction to Surf Fishing
- Toby Lapinski of South Windsor, CT: An Introduction to Surf Fishing and Surf Fishing in a Wetsuit
- Al Gag of Wilbraham, MA: Spring and Winter Striper Fishing on Rivers
- Captain TJ Karbowski of North Branford, CT: Down Rigging for Striped Bass Success
- Captain Bruce Millar of East Hampton, CT: Trolling Otter Spoons & Baits for Trophy Striped Bass
- Captain BJ Silva of Portsmouth, RI: Fishing for Fluke and Chunkin’ for Stripers and Black Fishing
- Captain Greg Dubrule of Groton, CT: Night Time Bass Fishing in the Race
- Captain Blaine Anderson of Newington, CT: Light Tackle Inshore Stripers
- Captain John Planeta of Marlborough, CT: Fluke Fishing the Mouth of the Connecticut River
- Wildlife biologist Peter Picone of Southington: Observing Wildlife While Hunting: What it’s All About?
- Gerry Rightmyer & Steve Schicker of Brockport, NY: Turkey Calling and Affordable Big Game Hunts Out West and How to Get the Most Out of Your Game Camera
- A.J. DeRosa of Andover, MA: Urban Deer Complex
Fly-fishing demonstrators will include Peter Kutzer, the Head Fly Fishing Instructor for The Orvis Company, Inc. of Vermont, Marla Blair of Ludlow, MA; and Dave Benoit of Milford, MA. Among the many fly-tiers demonstrating their work will be: Dave Brandt of Oneonta, NY: Mike Motyl of Enfield, CT; Mike Stewart of North Granby, CT; and Fred Wilson of Sandy Hook, CT.
The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection will provide the latest rules and regulations dealing with wildlife, fisheries, hunting and fishing for the coming season.
Sponsors include: Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen, Bedard Enterprises, and North East Expos, Inc.